We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. You will prepare financial statements, verify financial records and transactions, analyze cash flow, review budgets and forecasts, oversee audits, and develop paperwork for regulatory reporting. When we hire junior accountants, you will also be responsible for training new staff and monitoring their work for accuracy. Our ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of professional accounting experience with a track record for providing accurate and efficient work.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities and Duties
· Oversee accounts payable and receivable
· Prepare financial statements and regulatory reporting documents
· Analyze financial reports
· Maintain account balances and bank statements
· Assist with audits and taxes
· Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
· Manage general ledger and assist month-end and year-end close processes
· Supervise accounting department, junior employees, and accounting assistants
· Assist the accounting manager in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for managers and clients
Requirements and Qualifications
· B.sc/ HND in Accounting.
· Professional qualification – in accounting (Preferably ACA/ACCA).
· Minimum of 5 Cognate years of experience
· Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, QuickBooks, Xero or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
· Financial management and financial reporting skills.
· Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
· Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
· Strong personal integrity and accountability
Kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org