Responsible for prospecting for and securing ad sales for publications, including magazines, trade journals, and newspapers. Pitches benefits of advertising to a client, negotiate prices and explains client needs to copywriter.
- Sell ads for publications.
- Perform cold calling to get the attention of possible clients.
- Read scripts.
- Visit businesses to inquire about advertising sales.
- Sell ad space or time.
- Present different options to the client, including images, designs, and font sizes.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Understand the needs of each client.
- Know all advertising options.
- Keep abreast of changes within the publication’s demographics.
- Use statistics in a sales pitch.
- Perform extensive research on clients and competitors.
- Convey ad changes and discrepancies to copywriter.
- Perform research on trend analysis.
- Generate revenue for print products to include run-of-book print ads and print advertising inserts.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Conduct meetings.
- Sell general or direct response print ads to a bi-monthly publication.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Book sales appointments.
- Walk door-to-door and solicit business.
- Present sample ads to the client.
- An undergraduate degree or related field experience
- Proven success in managing all stages of the sales cycle including prospecting, needs analysis, presentation, proposal, negotiation, and closing
- Positive track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with prospects, clients, and colleagues which are based on mutual respect and integrity
- Exceptional time management skills displaying the ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail
- Key Attributes for Success
The entrepreneurial background is an asset
- Ambitious, outgoing personality and a will to succeed through a consultative approach
- Female applicant preferable
- Age limit should be 22-29
Kindly forward your CV to email@example.com